Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Tooth! Now, to use it to eat with.

Sterling has been working hard on the teething project and I think one finally broke through today! When I poked at it with my fingernail this afternoon, I scraped something hard instead of just gum. I think she's done it!

In other news, she's now substantially mobile.


She's also started eating solids with a more pronounced vigor than previously displayed. We've been offering her foods for the past few weeks. Usually she'll pick them up and chew on them a bit, but the past couple of times she's really gone at them. I'm not sure if it's a difference in the foods offered. We had previously given her: asparagus, green bean, broccoli, carrot, and a few other things I've forgotten. On Sunday, I roasted up a bunch of sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash with a little olive oil and thyme. Maybe she just likes those veggies better than the previous ones. Regardless of the reason, she got really into eating dinner tonight and last night. I'd estimate that she swallowed at least a couple of teaspoons of food, which is way more than she's eaten before.


No comments:

Post a Comment