Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hardcore teething

TS is in the process of growing top front teeth. Soon she will look like a beaver. Right now, she's got swollen purplish bumps with small white toothy areas that can be seen through the gums. Of course, she'll only let you look if you're holding her upside down. It's a difficult process for her. She's been very whiny and needy today according to her stay-at-home father. When I got home and took her temperature, it was running between 100 and 101. I gave her a serving of baby tylenol, which she promptly spit out. I remembered that you're supposed to syringe it into their cheek pouches, so I squirted another serving into her cheek, which she ejected even more forcefully. I tried one last time, while holding her and moving her around to distract her. She seemed to swallow most of it. Since all three of them were on the low end of the recommended dosage (about half of it), I'm pretty sure that I haven't OD'ed her on acetaminophen.

No comments:

Post a Comment